Saturday, June 30, 2012

Post Church Camps Thoughts

Lately I've been thinking a lot about joy. I worked at a camp this past week and the whole time I found my prayers mostly asking that the the campers and the staff there would be joyful and would be able to really rest in the knowledge that GOD is beautiful and His creation is beautiful.

I feel like sometimes (or a lot of times) us church-goers get so caught up in serving others and reading our Bibles and praying harder and going to church stuff and preaching to our non-Christinan friends about how they should be just like us and maintaining our nice Christian facades and etc...

And then we miss out on the point of it all.

It seems like (at least in my case) it's really easy to let that stuff become the focus. It's so easy to get caught up in the dailiness of church and then I miss out on the joy that comes from just being in communion with Christ. Because quite honestly, that kind of joy is really what being a Christian is about.

I feel like it's so easy to lose sight of what we really ought to be doing: loving GOD and loving others. And we do that because we are so focused on taking care of the ten million tasks we have to get done for our service projects and our mission trips and our youth conferences.

Anyways, I have more to say but my dad wants the internet so I'm signing off for now. I might post again later if I think about it, but I'm not really sure if I'll remember because I still haven't quite caught up on my sleep.

1 comment: