Friday, November 18, 2011

I'm home.

This morning I woke up to the moon shining on my face through the skylight in my bedroom. Even though it was 5:45 in the morning, it was the best way possible to start the first day of my Thanksgiving Break.

I'm so glad I'm finally home. Even though everything at school was going swimmingly, I still found myself with a severe case of cabin fever in the days leading up to my break. I can't tell you how many times I paced back and forth across my room or how many poems I wrote about waiting.

There's just something about being here...I've missed all the stuff that goes along with it...drinking coffee obsessively...talking about crime and chemical warfare and the many working of the judicial system with my dad...comparing craft projects with my mumzy...teasing my brother...sneaking food to my dog...baking...reading...more coffee...sleep...wake up and repeat...sigh...I'm in my element.

(There's also something about being here that makes me think in ellipses...)

No comments:

Post a Comment