Thursday, November 3, 2011

Change

November made her complete appearance this morning...I know I'm strange, but I just can't help being in love with the cold and the rain and the damp and the gray...there's just something about this weather that makes me feel complete...maybe it's because it gives me an excuse to wear sweaters and scarves and drink that extra pot of coffee.

I've been thinking a lot about the future lately. Not the future in general, just my future. Although I have to admit, I've been worrying about my future more than just contemplating it.

You see, I'm worried that GOD is going to make even more changes to me than He already has. I don't want to change! I'm happy the way I am! In fact, all of the changes He's already made to me have been painful. Why in the world would I be okay with Him making even more?

And it was with those thoughts in mind that I went to chapel yesterday...

And of course, I read a book instead of listening to the speaker...

And this is some of what I read:

"We are, not metaphorically, but in very truth, a Divine work of art, something that GOD is making, and therefore something with which He will not be satisfied until it has a certain character...Love, in its own nature, demands the perfecting of the beloved; that the mere 'kindness' which tolerates anything except suffering in its object is, in that respect, at the opposite pole of Love. When we fall in love with a woman, do we cease to care whether she is clean or dirty, fair or foul? Do we not rather then first begin to care? Does any woman regard it as a sign of love in a man that he neither knows nor cares how she is looking? Love may, indeed, love the beloved when her beauty is lost: but not because it is lost. Love may forgive all infirmities and love still in spite of them: but Love cannot cease to will their removal...You asked for a loving GOD: you have one...What we would here and now call our 'happiness' is not the end GOD chiefly has in view" but when we are as such as He can love without impediment, we shall in fact be happy." (C. S. Lewis's The Problem of Pain)

No comments:

Post a Comment