Monday, October 31, 2011

Some Disjointed Birthday Thoughts

Today is a special day...well, for me it is, I don't know that anyone else really gets the significance today holds.

It's my blog's birthday. A year ago, today, I wrote my very first blog post. I had no idea what I was doing, and I had no idea that anyone would ever bother to read my words other than myself and the five people I could manage to con into giving me feedback.

A lot of things have changed since then...I'm in the process of adding several other areas of study to my current major. New friends have come into my life and old friends have left. I've learned things about myself and the people I love. I've discovered that I do in fact like yogurt and italian salad dressing (not together though). I've discovered the joy of Pandora and Pinterest, rather than iTunes and Facebook.

Sometimes things have changed only to end up dumping me back at square one...my hair is back to its Little Orphan Annie look after having been blonde, bright red, brown, black, and pink, all in varying degrees of length. I've quit coffee several times, only to resume my addiction even more seriously than the previous time after each attempt. I've changed my writing style several times, only to end up right back to just plain writing without ever considering the grammatical correctness. I'm back to curling up with the good old NKJV at the end of the day, rather than the ESV.

It's strange for me to look back at my posts from the past year. In some cases it's a struggle for me to find myself in some of the things I wrote. In others I feel like I'm looking in a metaphorical mirror.

I'm hoping that after this post all of the nostalgia will be out of my system, because it's really getting kind of old. It's strange for me to reminisce so much...usually I'm caught up in the future (I think it goes back to the whole Annie mentality of holding out for "Tomorrow."). I meant to be up-beat in this post, but now I find myself making another pot of coffee and staring at myself in the mirror across from my bed (which is code for I'm starting to mope for no good reason). So I'm going to conclude my ramblings and turn on some Michael Jackson  and dance around so that I don't waste the rest of the day lying around doing nothing.

PS Sorry that my writing has gotten so disjointed lately, I'm not sure what's up with me. Just rest assured that if you're having trouble finding the point in my thoughts, you're not alone because I'm not even sure what the point is in all the stuff on my mind lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment