Thursday, January 26, 2012

Should have had a V8.

As you all know (if you're a regular around here), for a while now I've been dealing with this whole "I'm not so great at this Christian thing" thing. I always kind of feel like I'm missing the mark when it comes to saying/doing/thinking the "right" stuff. Honestly I've really been holding out for the day that I wake and discover that I've become perfect.

So the other day I was sitting on my bed berating myself for my flaws as I was reading my Bible. And then I read the beginning of Psalm 3:8 - "Salvation belongs to the LORD."I had this stunning realization that GOD hasn't saved me because of anything I have or haven't done. Past, present, or future.

A few weeks ago I had a conversation with a friend about negative self-talk. Don't get me wrong, I'm not into the whole self-esteem generation thing, but there's something to be said for the things that a person says to his or herself. I mean, I say/think things about myself that I would never say or think about another person.

And so, that was my mindset when I read that verse...Salvation belongs to the LORD...it was like I had this moment of GOD doing the "Should have had a V8" thing to my forehead as He reminded me that it's not my place to decide who does or does not receive salvation. Even my own salvation.

1 comment:

  1. amen. such a beautiful revelation to come accross. andd doesnt it just make you feel lighter to know that you dont have to try to save yourself, you know salvation belongs to the lord, so all we have to do is just trust him and rest (it's not that simple as it sounds, but it's basically that!). hope you are encouraged today and that your day is awesome... xoxo

    ReplyDelete