Saturday, March 31, 2012

I'm so angry I could spit.

This is the most disgusting, heart-breaking, sickening thing I have ever watched. It is literally fifty four minutes and twenty seconds of recorded hell.

And you know what the suckiest part it? I have no idea what to do. I want so desperately to change this video, to make the things it depicts just go away, but I can't. There are no quick fixes or easy answers

Yeah maybe I can do something to "raise awareness" or some stupid thing like that, but honestly what good does that do? What the heck does knowing about something do if we're not actually doing something about it?

So go ahead and click "like." Go ahead and "share" this. Let's see where that gets us.

And this isn't a problem that we can just throw a bunch of money at either. I mean, yeah money helps, but it's not going to make evil, selfish people who want to use innocent, good people go away.

Which faces us with another dilemma: whose job is it to prosecute these people? Who is responsible for making the bad guys pay for the lives they have stolen?

And how do we give back to the millions of broken and scarred people what has been stolen from them?

I have no answers. I wish I had some sort of brilliant method or idea that would somehow make the horribleness of human slavery stop. But I don't. I'm just one of many angry college students who's griping about something on the internet.

So in writing this post I've broken two of my biggest blogging rules...1. Never blog during a moment of extreme anger. 2. Never blog about an issue or cause.

1 comment:

  1. I watched half of this, but I did not get the chance to finish. It depresses me to know this is going on and as a guy, I am saddened that I perpetuate this cycle. Thank you for posting it and I know you feel like that is not enough and you are right when you say we have a tendency to be passionate about things such as this and then forget it because it is out of our view every day. All we can do is hope and pray and strive for social justice as much as we can. I do not think all of us are called to fix every injustice, but I do believe every attempt should be made. Do not lose heart, I believe that you are helping people because your character and the way you live your life reflects Christ and I know you do not just forget the pain of others.

    ReplyDelete