Thursday, March 29, 2012

It's Days Like This

So the sun is shining and it's all warm and balmy outside...it's days like this that I just want to run outside and climb a tree and forget about homework and classes and tests and papers (not to mention the yells of Campus Safety and Security regarding the insurance policy the campus doesn't have that makes climbing trees a liability...seriously, I'm paying enough tuition that I think the campus could definitely afford to get an insurance policy that lets me climb their trees...).

It's days like this that make me think of this verse:

"Oh that I had wings like a dove! I would fly away and be at rest." Psalm 55:6

There's just something about Psalms that has captured my heart. Not that the rest of the Bible isn't great, but Psalms really seems (to me, at least) to depict what being a human striving after GOD means. It holds such a huge range of expressions of thoughts and feelings and prayers And there's just something about knowing that the things I think and feel and pray have been thought, felt, and prayed before.

So that's my digression for the day...now back to studying and working on my projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment