Monday, May 7, 2012

Puppies and Profanity


So this clip has a lot of bad language. You've been warned.
Bridesmaids...oh Bridesmaids. One of the most inappropriate movies I have ever seen...and yet at the same time, it's one of the most real movies I've ever seen. Granted, I usually can't manage to stay awake during movies.

I see glimpses of myself in the main character of this movie. In fact, I think almost every female who has actually sat down and watched this movie finds a little piece of herself in Annie. Whether it's in her failed dreams, broken relationships, or the plain and simple fact that she can't manage to get her tail lights fixed. 

For me, it's Annie's tendency to lie on the couch and cry about life. Every time I watch that movie I find myself fixated on this scene. Confession: I'm a moper. I have dedicated a large amount of my life toward throwing myself pity parties on the couch. I don't really know why other than it fills me with an artificial sense of satisfaction.

But every time I watch this movie I realize that I don't want to be an Annie. I want to be a Megan. I mean, I don't want to go around tackling and biting people all while screaming profanities at them...but I do want her attitude. Later on in the scene Megan talks about how when she got made fun of in high school she chose to be happy with who she was rather than going home crying to mommy. She chose to work hard to achieve what she wanted, and rather than moping on the couch when she failed, she picked herself up and started over.

And heck, Megan ended up with nine puppies. So I think she's sitting pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment