Sunday, November 7, 2010

A Danger to Your Health...

Chick flicks are dangerous to one’s health. Weekends full of chick flick watching leave me with an unsatisfied sort of sick feeling that I can’t seem to get rid of for a few days; kind of like a chick flick hangover.
Granted, I can appreciate a good old girls’ night full of sappy movies and chocolate with my roommate, but I think that a lot of the joy I derive from those times is mostly due to the chocolate. After all, endorphins are released - or created or whatever it is they do - when you eat chocolate.
I think the biggest problem I have with chick flicks is how perfect the guy always is. But I guess that is a paradoxical reason, because what chick flick would be complete without a perfect man? Even the chick flicks from my childhood began and ended with a perfect man. “Pocahontas” would not have been nearly as awe-inspiring without that John Smith. Whose voice was Mel Gibson by the way.
I guess the point of this is that I think everyone should start watching action movies instead of chick flicks. That way girls will become less likely to have false expectations regarding guys (especially expectations that tend more toward an Edward Cullenish man...if he can be called that...yuck...FYI, I hate those books with a burning passion; however, that is a story I will save for another post). But then again, action movies are not any more realistic than chick flicks. So maybe we should all just turn off the TV. Or watch reality shows.

1 comment:

  1. C'est vrai. A mon avie one can hardly avoid delusions of the perfect man when watching say Robin Hood or The Patriot. So yeah... lets just turn off the T.V.

    ReplyDelete