Tuesday, November 9, 2010

What's it to you?

Today I asked GOD some questions. I asked Him for answers to things that have been emerging in my life for a few weeks now. I sat on my floor, surrounded by books and sticky notes and pens and crackers and empty water bottles; determined to wait until He gave me the answer that I wanted. But He did not give me the answer I wanted. He also did not give me the answer that I did not want. He responded in a way that reminded me of how Jesus often responded to the Pharisees: He gave me another question to grapple with. What He gave me was this: “What’s it to you?”
The funny thing is that these questions that I have been struggling so hard to answer these past few weeks are not about me. Their answers affect me in a minimalistic way, but not in any way that drastically changes my life. I think that deep down the real reason I was struggling so much with them is because I wanted affirmation that I was in the right and everyone else was disobeying GOD.
But GOD is good, GOD is sovereign, and GOD is full of grace. He gave me the answer that He knew I needed, even if He did not provide answers that I wanted. Granted, I would still like answers to my questions, but I know that it’s not likely I’ll receive them. In fact, I doubt GOD will ever answer them in this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment