Saturday, December 4, 2010

Reflections while watching a movie with my roomate.

I do not understand the Twilight Series. My roommate and I were watching one of the movies tonight, and I spent most of the movie trying to figure out who was good and who was evil. I’ve determined that Bella is evil. Seriously, the woman is nuts! Does she love Edward? Does she love Jacob? For real woman, make up your mind!
“This wasn’t a choice between you and Jacob. It was a choice between who I should be and who I am” is the best justification she has for choosing Edward. I think the real reason that she chooses Edward is that she wants to be immortal and Jacob can’t give her that.
Personally, I would have liked the series more if Jacob and Edward had ended up together. It would have at least added somewhat of a literary element to the story: irony. Instead, what we’re left with is a hodge-podge of feelings, irrational presuppositions, and random scenes involving either a pale glittering man who spouts off poetry and sweet nothings, or an extremely attractive wolf-man who kisses well but doesn’t ever say anything clever.
So anyways, those are my feelings about Twilight. Bella is stupid, Edward glitters, and Jacob is muy attractivo. For anyone who’s never bothered to read the books or watch the movies I just summed up the whole series in that previous sentence. I just saved you approximately sixty hours of your life. You’re welcome.

1 comment:

  1. Oh you wicked! A mon Avis, twilight isn't even worth reading a summery of. Non the less, you made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete