Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I have three tests in the next two days. I should study for them. But I don’t really want to, so I wrote this instead.

Lately I’ve been trying to reduce my coffee consumption. Today was the first day in I don’t know how long that I only had one. Of course, I took it black to maximize the possible effect it could have on me. However, it is now a little after seven in the evening and that cup of coffee I had at eight AM is not in my system anymore. Or if it is, then it’s playing hide and go seek with the half a box of cheddar whales I just ate.
I’m excited for Spring Break. I’m finally going to read that stack of books by my bed. I’m going to sleep. A lot. I’m going to eat. A lot. Who knows, maybe I’ll go crazy and start running again too. I’m also super excited about seeing my brother and my dog and my dad and my mum.
I’ve been realizing lately that life can’t be planned. I mean, I’ve always superficially known that, but I never really believed it. And as much as it stressed me out to walk into my advisor’s office and admit that I had no clue what I wanted to do after college other than knowing that I do not want to teach, it was somewhat freeing too. It’s okay that I have no clue where I’ll be in five years. It’s five years away anyways.

2 comments:

  1. Speaking of spring break! Me and Sam are planning a date with Michael... you wanna come? ;)

    P.s. I totally agree with the five years away thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael? I feel like I should know who this is...but my mind isn't quite providing the info right now.

    ReplyDelete