Saturday, October 29, 2011

Psalm 119:73-80

Your hands have made me and fashioned me;
Give me understanding, that I may learn Your commandments.
Those who fear You will be glad when they see me,
Because I have hoped in Your word.
I know, O LORD, that Your judgments are right,
And that in faithfulness You have afflicted me.
Let, I pray, Your merciful kindness be for my comfort,
According to Your word to Your servant.
Let Your tender mercies come to me, that I may live;
For Your law is my delight.
Let the proud be ashamed,
For they treated me wrongfully with falsehood;
But I will meditate on Your precepts.
Let those who fear You turn to me,
Those who know Your testimonies.
Let my heart be blameless regarding Your statutes,
That I may not be ashamed. 

These have kind of been my thoughts these past few weeks, and it was nice to wake up and read them this morning. I love the book of Psalms so, so much. It's so comforting to know that David thought and said and did and prayed a lot of the same things I do. He and I must be kindred spirits...

No comments:

Post a Comment