Sunday, January 30, 2011

Hello one AM, it's me again.

I am not a night person. The fact that I am awake right now is a statistical anomaly. The fact that it’s the second night in a row that I am awake at this profane hour is off the charts. I think the last time I was awake past eleven was last fall when I procrastinated on a paper that I didn’t want to write, so I stayed up till two writing it. Which is not advisable by the way, that paper was one of the worst I’ve ever written. An example of how awful it was: one of my sentences was “The gruesome torture showed the gruesome nature of the Puritans”. Thankfully my roommate caught it before I turned it in. I hate getting owned by a bio major on my grammar...
Tonight however, I’m not writing a paper. I’m not even really doing anything worthwhile. Just thinking...which I guess could be considered worthwhile.
Today was...bizarre...it seems like years ago that I rolled out of bed and hiked to the music building. (It was a beautiful day out, by the way.) Have you ever had one of those days where you feel like you woke up and you were one person, and then by the time you went to bed you were someone else entirely? That was today for me. Thank heaven I have one roommate who will take me to McDonald’s and not judge me for stress eating and another roommate who will drive in circles for an hour just so that we can talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment