Monday, January 31, 2011

This is about a boy who I love very, very much.

In the spirit of Valentine’s Day, I thought I would tell you about a boy who I love very much. This boy is one of my best friends. We tell each other everything. Even though we live two hours apart we are still just as close as we were before I moved away from him. He is one of the most thoughtful and caring people I know. He sends me socks and funny cut-out cartoons from comic strips in the mail just to let me know that he’s thinking about me.
 This boy has never hidden his feelings from me. He always tells me what he’s thinking, and he’s not afraid to be himself around me. I know all of his secrets, and he knows all of mine.
This boy knows how to make me laugh. He’s always been able to recognize when I’m upset about something, and he’s always known how to make it better.
This boy has seen me at my absolute worst. He’s seen me throw up numerous times, and he’s seen me when I was loopy on pain pills after I had my wisdom teeth out. He has seen me be selfish and hateful. He’s seen me betray and hurt others. And yet he still loves me and frequently tells me so.
I’m ashamed to say that sometimes I forget just how valuable this boy is. I forget that no matter what’s going on in my life, no matter how much I feel like a failure or how distracted I get by papers and tests and the craziness also known as college, that this boy loves me and cares about me. I love this boy so, so much.
Okay so now I’m at the end of this post. I bet some of you are wondering who the lucky guy is that this post is about. I’m not going to lie, I misled you a little bit. This boy is not someone who I love romantically. This boy is my baby brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment