Monday, June 13, 2011

Why do people visit caves?

Caves have always bothered me. Why is it that people voluntarily go underground, and spend hours walking around looking at rocks and maybe the occasional bat? I always dreaded the cave field trips when I was in elementary school because they were so ridiculously boring and awful and long. I guess maybe because I’ve always had shorter legs than everyone else the distance felt longer to me. I still don’t understand what’s interesting about them though.

I could understand visiting a cave like this one. That would be phenomenally fascinating. But there’s a jungle in that cave. There are fun things to look at. I don’t know about you, but every cave I’ve ever been dragged to has been filled with rocks and those stalactite/stalagmite things that we were supposed to know the difference between (I never really figured out which was which though.). Okay I lied. Once I went to a cave that had been a school at one point. Talk about creepy...imagine sitting in your desk trying to focus (or sleep) while water drips all around you off the ceiling.

I will say that if one day for some really strange reason I decide that I’m in some sort of cave mood, this will be the one I visit. My parents took me there for my sixth birthday and it wasn’t so bad. The best part was sleeping in the little truck.

1 comment:

  1. I definitely cannot imagine having class inside a cave :P

    ReplyDelete