Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Dog Days Are Over!

So I've recently discovered that you can embed videos on here rather than just posting links...this makes things more convenient.

I also recently discovered this video. SHE DOES NOT LOOK LIKE THAT ALL THE TIME. This was the first video of hers that I watched and I almost didn't bother with the others because of how strangly she looked and acted in it. However, I liked the song enough to listen to everything else. And now I have a new favorite artist.



So I feel like this song could have been written about me. If you've been following my posts, then you know that I've been kind of in a funk lately. In this post I talked about how I felt like I'd turned into one of those people who need reasons for being happy. I didn't like that about myself at all.


So when I heard this song it was kind of like that last little push I needed toward letting myself be happy for no reason at all. Especially the part where Florence sings, "Leave all your love and your longing behind, you can't carry them with you if you want to survive." I feel like that's so true. A big part of happiness is letting go of our desires for things we don't have and being content with what we do have.



No comments:

Post a Comment