Sunday, July 3, 2011

And This Makes One Hundred...

99 posts, 4,069 blog hits, approximately 1,000 cups of coffee, 34 novels, 5 seasons of The Office, 3 attempts at quitting coffee, countless template/font/format revisions, and 8 months and 3 days ago, I wrote my first blog post ever.

If you read that post, you know...it was rough. Not my best work ever. I had no clue what to say and I wasn't even sure if I would really be able to maintain a blog. It's funny to think back on how unsure I was about something as non-committal as having a blog. Also it didn't help that what made me want to start it was the movie 'Julie and Julia' and being a college student, I couldn't just cook stuff and write about it...I had to actually think of things to write about on my own.

Honestly, I wasn't really sure about it until this post. For some reason, after I wrote that one, things just fell into place and I was a lot more comfortable with the whole shin-dig.

Throughout this whole blog process, there's been a lot of self-discovery on my part. There have been times where I spent hours on a post, only to end up archiving it on my desktop instead of online because by the end of it I had realized something about myself that I didn't really want to share with my readers. There have been a lot of ups and downs for me post-wise (and life-wise). It's been an interesting past few months, and a lot of that has been reflected in my writing.

By far, this is my favorite post. When I wrote it, I had no idea just how much more the lessons I had learned from it would become ingrained in my life.

Needless to say, this one has been the favorite of all my readers. Or at least, it's been the most read.

So anyways, I just wanted to commemorate my hundredth post, because considering the fact that I wasn't all that sure if I would make it to ten, I think one hundred is pretty cool. Each post is a little, teensy piece of my heart (for good or bad!), and if you've stuck with me this far, you must have a strong consitution and the amazing ability to understand my dry sense of humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment