Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Maybe Someday...

I'm very big on holding out for the future. One of my favorite musical songs is "Tomorrow" from Annie. Sometimes it's just easier to focus on how things could be someday instead of how they really are right now.

When I was in middle school, I would pick my friends (and crushes) based on who I thought they would become. I thought I could change people into what I wanted them to be. Or I that they themselves would change on their own for me. That obviously didn't play out well. I ended up confused and more than a little brokenhearted when my expectations weren't fulfilled.

You'd think I would have learned my lesson the first time (or the second...or the third...).

Nope. I still catch myself holding out for tomorrow, or next month, or next year. Granted, now I'm more focused on who I'm going to be in the future and not others. Still...it's one of those things where I catch myself wishing away the present, in hopes that the future will be better and brighter and prettier.

But I don't want to miss what's happening now. I don't want to be so caught up in something that doesn't even exist yet anymore.

Anyways, these have been my thoughts lately. Updates on my life: the rest of my mole came off so I'm not holding my breath for it to come back. I'm currently in the packing process to go back to school...I find this ironic because last year I was finished packing in June. Also, I had a stupendous birthday! Thank you to everyone who came to see me or sent me cards or gifts! Thank you cards will be in the mail as soon as I get moved back to school...of course I managed to pack them already.

No comments:

Post a Comment