Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Another Post Written in Front of a Piano

Once again my mind has decided that it is not interested in comprehending music. So instead I’m listening to Mad World/The Great Escape/Cellists playing Smooth Criminal/Ingrid Michaelson with my feet propped up on the piano lid. And rather than sit here aimlessly staring at the wall I decided to do something moderately productive.
I have so many thoughts right now...I just don’t know how to express them! I’ve been having one of those months where everything around me and about me has changed all at once. My life is in flux right now and I don’t really know how to respond to it. I pity all the people who have to live/work/have classes with me right now; I’m kind of losing it a little more every day!
On the flip side of that, I see GOD so much more clearly than I ever have! At the end of the day, when there’s finally time for introspection, I see all the ways that the LORD poured out His grace on my weakness and my flaws. It’s difficult not to dwell on all of the things that I feel like I’m failing at, but once I look past those, I can’t focus on anything but GOD’s glory. I love grace so much. It makes everything better...kind of like coffee!
So I’m done talking about all that stuff, but my mind is not quite back from its vacation yet, so I want to talk about something that I’ve been thinking about for a really long time: the word ‘so’. I love this word. I love the phrase, ‘so anyways’. If you search through my blog posts, you’ll probably find that I’ve used ‘so’ or ‘so anyways’ 7 million times. I think I like that word/phrase because it makes such a great segue. If you’re in a conversation and you want to change the subject, just casually slip ‘so’ in there. If you’re talking to someone and the conversation is starting to end but you don’t want it to, just throw in a ‘so’.
So anyways, my mind is back now (finally!). So I’m going to practice some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment