Monday, February 7, 2011

When life takes away your chocolate milk, drink coffee instead.

Today I got out of bed starving. I was literally awoken by the sound of my stomach wailing for food, which is not a pleasant sensation. So I trudged to the cafeteria for a bowl of coco-roos. I LOVE COCO-ROOS. (For two reasons: 1. The coco part. 2. My dad calls me Roo...as in the kangaroo from Winnie the Pooh...so when I eat them, I think of him.) So anyways, I was seriously looking forward to this bowl of cereal. When I got to the cafeteria, I headed straight for the coffee percolator (I have a routine) and filled up my coffee cup, then I poured as much cereal into my bowl as would possibly fit. Then I walked over to the chocolate milk dispenser thing (I have a problem with white milk from the cafeteria...it gives me a weird feeling), and then I looked up and I saw a sign. It said, “Temporarily Out Of Service”. I’m pretty sure the cafeteria people think I can’t read because I stood there for a while and tried to figure out the situation (Granted I had not had my coffee or my coco-roos, so I still wasn’t fully awake.). I didn’t even know what to do, so I took my chocolate-milk-less bowl and my cup of coffee to a table and sat there and stared at my forlorn, dry, little coco-roos. Then I picked up my cup of coffee and dumped it on them. They were really good that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment