Friday, February 11, 2011

Thoughts From the Laundry Room

Okay...so I have a sticky-note full of stuff I’m supposed to be doing right now...but right now my mind is not letting me get anything done. Normally this isn’t a problem, but I think I might be developing ADD, because my focuser seems to be broken lately. So instead of doing the research for my fine art’s project, or practicing the piano, or reading The Odyssey, or cleaning my room, I’m sitting on the laundry room floor writing a blog post.
Granted, you have to guard your laundry here. Once, I left my laundry in the dryer, thinking that no one would bother it and that it would be left to dry in peace, but when I checked on it an hour later, I discovered that someone had thrown their ratty old skivvies and socks in with my clothes and they hadn’t even bothered to turn the dryer back on, so neither of our clothes even got dry! So now when I do laundry here, I sit in front of the machines, because there is no way I’m letting someone do that again.
So anyways...it’s been a long week. Not a bad week, just long. For those of my readers who don’t know yet, I got a job! I am an accompanist in the music department here on campus. It’s a good thing in that I get to play the piano again (which I missed a lot!), but stressful in that the perfectionist in me has been obsessively practicing and worrying and annoying people all week.
And here at the end of the week...I just need some words instead of notes. So I find myself here on the laundry room floor. And guess what, I’ve decided to chill out and not worry about homework or work or class for approximately an hour and a half! This is more difficult for me than it should be. (Honestly, I’m cheating a little bit, because I’m listening to the songs I’m supposed to be learning on YouTube.) So this post doesn’t really have a point. It just exists to take my mind off of all the stuff I feel like I need to be doing, so sorry if you were expecting something profound or amazing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment