Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Confession: I think I'm becoming scatterbrained.

I am losing it. I don’t know exactly what it is I’m losing, but I do know that it’s slowly slipping out of my grasp. Hopefully it’s just an end of the semester/year phase.
I am not late for things. Ever. I do not forget things. Ever. I lose things a lot, but I always find them after looking for five minutes. Always. Essentially, I love rules, organization, and schedules.
You know how far I’ve fallen down the rabbit hole when as I walk to class my mantra to myself has become: “Tomorrow I will not be late. Tomorrow I will know where my keys are. Tomorrow I will not forget that I have to go to work. Tomorrow I will not stay in the shower for half an hour.”
Yesterday I left work in the middle of work. I had been there for an hour, and for some reason I thought I was done; even though I had two more hours to go. Today, I went back to my room to get take a short nap and I ended up leaving almost everything that I needed there when I finally made it out the door. I went back four times. The first three weren’t so bad, because they all happened while I was at least still in the building. I got out the door and realized I didn’t have my phone. I got halfway down the stairs and realized I didn’t have my iPod. I got to the lobby and realized I didn’t have my keys. Those ones weren’t quite as bad as the fourth time though...I got all the way to the music building, sat down and started working on my Fine Art’s project and twenty minutes later I realized that I didn’t have any of the music I needed for work. Of course I realize this five minutes before a lesson. I ran (and by ran I mean I walked quickly) back to my dorm. Thankfully my friend took pity on me and drove me back to work while listening to me rant about how I’m losing it.
I wish I knew where my mind has gone...because I want to join it...I suspect it’s vacationing somewhere in Europe, most likely somewhere near one of the Guggenheims...that sounds nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment