Thursday, April 28, 2011

Things I Spill/Knock Over, Hate, or Feel Apathetic Toward

Lately I keep having these moments of clarity and insight into my life. It’s weird and good and interesting and annoying all at once. Like today for example: this morning I realized that I hate granola bars. This may not seem monumental to you, but it was a serious realization for me for two reasons:

1. Granola bars are one of my main food groups. There are currently two and half boxes of them sitting on my food shelf.

2. I am a really picky person. When it comes to food, if I don’t absolutely love it then I don’t go anywhere near it, let alone eat it.

I’ve also realized lately that I like listening to music a lot better than I like performing it. Unless we’re talking about singing Michael Buble in the shower...I’m all over that. Also monumental in that music is kind of my job right now. It’s not that I hate it, it’s just that I’m so apathetic about it. I start to play and before I know it, I’m no longer thinking about what notes I’m playing; I’m thinking about what my next blog post is going to be or planning one of the numerous writing projects that I have in my head. This makes my employers slightly less than happy with me.

Which brings me to another realization I’ve had lately: I’ve always wished that I were four inches taller, but I think it’s a good thing that that wish never came true because I think I get my way a lot more often because I’m so much smaller than everyone else.  Example: a few weeks ago in the cafeteria I knocked a plate of salad out of a girl’s hands and all over her clothes and the floor. It was not pretty. The people in charge of the cafeteria heard me yelling (because I was more upset by the incident than the girl who just stood there quietly with ranch dressing dripping down her shirt and a piece of lettuce sticking to her face) and came out of their offices and started to yell at whoever it was that spilled that salad everywhere and whoever it was who was causing a scene over it (ironically enough, both were me). Then when they realized it me, their faces softened, and their voices dropped in volume and one of them said to me in a voice that made me feel like I was six years old again, “Honey, it’s okay, this happens in here all the time. It’s really not a big deal, we’ll get it all cleaned up, you just go sit down and relax.”

There are more realizations...but I’m supposed to be writing an Old Testament paper now and I feel like should probably get on that. It’s deep stuff...like of the ocean variety...I need to go find my floaties and inner tube now...

No comments:

Post a Comment