Monday, April 18, 2011

Please Don't Leave Me

Last night my friend and I were coming back from Wal-Mart, and Pink's song, "Please Don't Leave Me," came on the radio. We were almost home, but I asked her to drive around until it ended, because I wanted to hear the whole thing. It’s one of those songs that I like singing along with, but I’ve never been all that comfortable with the lyrics, so I ignore the words coming out of my mouth when I sing it. However, lately I’ve been trying to focus more on what is being said in a song, rather than just singing along aimlessly (see this post).

So anyways, I sat there listening to what Pink was saying, and it made me realize that that song describes how I treat GOD. I treat Him disrespectfully. I say hateful things to and about Him. I treat Him like He’s my punching bag. I act like He isn’t even worth one of my teensy tiny thoughts, let alone my praise and adoration and ultimate obedience and devotion. Then I turn around and beg Him not to leave me.

Thank goodness for grace...thank goodness for a GOD who extends grace upon grace upon grace...I love Him, so, so much. I can’t wait for the day when I see His face and no longer have any inclination or desire for sin. I can’t wait for the day when He can actually sit me down and explain Himself to me. My perspective of Him is so flawed, and every day I discover more and more misconceptions I have of Him.

Sorry if you think this post is blasphemous or something. These have just been my thoughts all day today and I wanted to get them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment