Saturday, April 23, 2011

My Two Biggest Wishes Right Now (If I could only have one I would pick the second one.)

This is a pretty meaningless post. Honestly, I’m just going to ramble for a bit because I have a HUGE list of stuff I’m supposed to be doing (namely getting ready for the tests/speech/fine arts presentation/performances/anything that I forgot to put on the list that I have coming up)and I don’t feel like doing any of it right now. I’ve been working off and on all day and now it’s time to sit and think and just...be.

Lately, I’ve been wishing that life came with an un-do button. It would be so easy if every time I made a mistake I could just...un-do it. (RANDOM TANGENT AHEAD: Un-do is such a funny word. Actually, it’s more of the prefix that gets me. It’s strange how we can take words like easy and able and reliable and believable and truthful and desirable and certain and negate them with two simple, teensy letters. All of a sudden they are uneasy and unable and unreliable and unbelievable and untruthful and undesirable and uncertain.)But life doesn’t come with an un-do button. In fact, life doesn’t come with buttons at all. It comes with choices that sometimes you only get one shot at. It also comes with choices that you get several shots at. (Like what to order when you go to Applebee’s. I recently discovered that there’s other stuff on their menu besides chicken strips and cheeseburgers.)

I’ve also been wishing that life came with a free, endless supply of paper and paint. I feel like that would be of great benefit to everyone, not just people who like art. Not only would there be a lot more amazing works of art, but there would also be tons paper to rip when we’re angry and unlimited paint to throw at each other or random pedestrians when we’re bored.

So anyways...it’s probably time for me to get back to speech writing. Which I love. The End.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha I believe you might be onto something here..... especially with the second whim. This world (and not to mention random, unsuspecting pedestrians)would be much more colorful if that wish were granted. :)

    ReplyDelete