Friday, May 6, 2011

A Mothers' Day Post

This is about a woman who inspires me. For eighteen years I have watched and admired and loved her. She has given me so much of herself. She is so beautiful and strong and full of devotion to the LORD.

She is kind and compassionate. I have listened as she shared stories about people in her life who are lost and the call she feels just to be a friend to them. I have watched her spend an hour digging through piles of jeans in search of a pair that would fit a boy in a children’s home. Once a few years ago, she walked in my room and I was crying for no real reason. She asked what was wrong and when I said I didn’t know, she didn’t shrug it off, she just held me until the ache stopped.

She brings such joy to my life. She never fails to remind me that she loves me and is thinking of me. I have so many cherished letters and cards from her full of hopes and prayers for my future and beautiful reminders that she cares for me.

I laugh with her harder than I do with almost anyone else. I love nothing more than to sit on the couch with her and laugh over how my brother shows off. I love sitting around the table at Thanksgiving with her and all of my aunts and listening to them talk and laugh.

I miss her. This Mothers’ Day will be the first one that I won’t be with her. (Sorry, I had to pause to cry for a second and I lost my train of thought...so much for finishing that paragraph!)

Dearest Mumzy, I love you! I hope that you have a wonderful Mothers’ Day! PS, Dad has your card from me, I don’t think he’ll forget to give it to you, but now you know, just in case!

1 comment: