Monday, September 26, 2011

Things I Think Are Beautiful

  1. Freshly printed essays. I love the smell of paper hot off the copier. I love how clean the paper looks. I love how crisp my words look when they're typed and printed. Honestly, seeing my work in print elates me beyond description, even when it's just an essay for Advanced Composition.
  2. Zoey Deschanel's voice. Also her face. Also her hair.
  3. The coffee cups sitting on my shelf.
  4. Spoken (or sung) French. (Pandora has been good to me lately.)
  5. My bed right after I make it in the morning.
  6. My roommate's cinnamon colored hair. She doesn't know this, but I've always envied her for it.
  7. My novels. I love studying poetry and short stories and essays and biographies all day in my classes, but at night there's nothing quite like coming home to my little collection of novels.
  8. My sad attempts at painting and drawing. I'll admit that no one really likes them other than me, but I still think they're pretty in their own right.
  9. Everything about Audrey Hepburn. She was just a beautiful person through and through.
  10. My mother's eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment