Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Waiting Place

Can I just say that the past few days have been rough on my mascara?

I am not a fan of the things GOD is teaching me right now. At all.

The worst part is that nothing is really going wrong for me...in fact, almost everything is going right! I love my classes (I've made my peace with spiritual formation...quite a bit of good poetry has been born in that class.) I'm living with incredible women. Every need I have has been provided for abundantly. I'm surrounded by people who inspire, convict, and encourage me.

Here is the problem though: I'm stuck in The Waiting Place.

I feel like my entire life's story can be summed up by Oh, the Places You'll Go.

I don't really feel like sharing with the world all of the stuff I'm waiting on, so I'll give you Dr. Seuss's list instead:

The Waiting Place…for people just waiting.

Waiting for a train to go or a bus to come, or a plane to go or the mail to come, or the rain to go or the phone to ring, or the snow to snow or waiting around for a Yes or No or waiting for their hair to grow. Everyone is just waiting.

Waiting for the fish to bite or waiting for wind to fly a kite or waiting around for Friday night or waiting, perhaps, for their Uncle Jake or a pot to boil, or a Better Break or a string of pearls, or a pair of pants or a wig with curls, or Another Chance. Everyone is just waiting.

1 comment:

  1. waiting isn't a nice an easy place to visit and hang around, but those who wait, shall reap great rewards. hold on tight.

    ReplyDelete